Tuesday 20 March 2012

March Glossybox - Harrods Edition


Obviously this post is really late. I actually got this the day after they shipped it out, so I was probably one of the first people to receive their box, and I took the photos on the day of, but never got round to posting them. I think the contents of my box were the same for many others and seems to be the most popular and common contents. Overall I think I will get use out of a few of the products in this months box, but I really want to cancel my subscription, because I just think it's not cutting it anymore. I've kept subscribed hoping the boxes would be more tailored due to the beauty profiles, but as of yet, they haven't been. That £12.95 a month adds up, and I don't feel it's worth it now! I don't think I'm alone in that, what do you think about Glossybox/beauty boxes at the moment?


Burberry Miniature Lip Cover - Rosewood No4: "This soft satin lipstick offers intense moisture and luminous long-lasting colour for fuller lips."
I really wanted to receive this after seeing pictures from the Press event as I'm such a lipstick fiend. It is definately adorably sweet, as the case is no bigger than my thumb! And it still has Burberrys classic packaging and and print on the lipstick itself. They seem to have spared no expense on producing these mini samples, and that is quite impressive. Unfortunately, the shade is too brown toned for me, brown shades really do not do well on me, but the other shades I've seen in other boxes aren't too nice either. Feel like they've put out colours that they aren't too bothered about really! Maybe that's a stupid opinion, but this shade 'Rosewood' definately won't work on all skintones, for instance, I'm extremely pale and it washes me out. Although the swatch makes the shade look very brown, it has a tiny bit more pink in it, and a bit of a gold/bronze sheen also. The lipstick is quite creamy and applies to lips with ease and just glides on. Also the size is perfect for people who don't want to lug loads of cosmetics around with them and will just fit in any size bag with no problems. Overall, I just wish it was more of a neutral colour, more of a pink colour or such.


The lipstick is the thing I wanted to talk about most. Molton Brown is a well known high end body/bath/fragrance brand, so this is welcomed with open arms! It is 50ml, but the bottle is teeny! I didn't think I would like the scent, probably just because I saw the word ginger. But it's quite florally and invigorating. Again, also the perfect size for travel. The YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum is probably very popular amongst people but I haven't tried it as of yet, has anybody else? Have you noticed any results?

I was so glad to see a big bottle of Clarins body lotion, once again, ANOTHER body lotion Glossybox? REALLY? Sigh..... Anyway, I adore clarins, and they seem to be one of the only brands that actually make my face/skin feel nice. I've just put some of these body cream on the back of my hands, and they already feel softer, smoother and more firm. And they smell yummy and fresh! The last product was a sample of Narciso Rodriguez - For Her perfume sample, which is the first fragrance released from the brand. It's not my sort of scent, it's a bit musky, but not terrible! I will probably pass it on to my Mum.

Overall, it's an alright box, and I saw other boxes I thought were interesting, the ones that included Lancome Hypnose mascara samples? And Shu Uemura cleansing oil samples? What did you receive? Do you think the hype of beauty boxes is long dead now? I'm pretty much thinking that now..
x

1 comment:

  1. I got pretty similar box you you, wish the burberry lippy was a brighter/more interesting colour! Love your blog, now following :)
    Check out the MAC lipstick giveaway I'm doing on my blog sometime if you like! xoxo

    http://fabugloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete