Tuesday 6 March 2012

Shop MAC Lipsticks




Finally got my hands on some! Had to order these from Selfridges, ordered another one from MAC but I had to ring MAC up to find out that even though they took my money once again it was out of stock but they would re-order it in for me. This is not the first time this has happened, and if it's "out of stock" yet it goes through and takes me money, they really need to sort themselves out. Also I thought the whole box in the Shop MAC collection was printed, not just a slide on cover. Boo! Anyway, rant over. Keep reading to see what shades I picked up.






Innocence, Beware! (Cremesheen) - Described on the MAC website as 'light yellow pink'. Which is pretty accurate. I always thought that when this came out with the Venomous Villains collection it was more of a nude, more similar to Myth or Creme D'Nude. I find that when I wear this it's quite similar to Hue, which is the only other lightest nude shade I wear as I find they wash me out. 





Naughty Saute (Cremesheen) - Wasn't sure whether to pick this up or not, as I already have Viva Glam Gaga, and St Germain, and when I saw it was described as a 'Bright Pepto Pink' I thought it might be too much, but it is lovely! I blotted it right down and put lipbalm on top earlier and it was a bit more purpley, so it's definately very blue based and a lot cooler than Viva Glam Gaga.






Quick Sizzle (Matte) - I really didn't need to buy this, as I already have NARS Schiap, and a few other hot pinks, but it's just so beautiful I couldn't not! I love it already, so creamy and suits me yay! MAC website just describes it as 'Bright Pink' but it's a blue based hot pink. Pretty much the same as NARS Schiap, more vibrant and pigmented though. And similar to Topshop All About Me which I posted about, but when I swatched them next to each other, All About Me leaned more red. But I'll post a picture of the swatches seperately. I totally recommend this lipstick if you don't really have any bright pinks, as it will definately suit all skin tones, seeing as I'm as white as ghost. I reckon this would look SO good on darker skins, like BAM in your face haha, beaut! It's matte, but not drying, and you could always add balm or a gloss if that's not your style.

So I have one more lipstick to come, and I ordered a cremeblush from the collection on Debenhams website (10% off and free delivery - hello!) So I will post them when they come, and do a comparison swatch post :) I also got 2 nail lacquers, one from the Chen Man collection (Force of Love lipstick is sold out everywhere :( ) and Lazy Day from Vera collection, which I love! So I will also post them up aswell!

Have you grabbed anything from the new collections? Eyeing anything up? Or don't the collections do anything for you? I've just counted all my MAC lippies, and I now have 35! Oh dear...
x

4 comments:

  1. Oooh. I like Naughty Saute, I agree it is a bit like VG Gaga though, I haven't got anything from this collection. Nothing has really "appealed" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. naughty saute is such a gorgeous shade, but love them all! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laura
    It is, but I'm a sucker for anything pink! So even though I was debating getting it or not, I just couldn't not purchase!

    Really? Have any of the other collections appealed? I like all the bright colours, but the nail lacquers, fluidlines, etc etc really weren't my cup of tea. Bit of a weird colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Grace
    It is, I agree! I'm seriously in love with Quick Sizzle at the moment, matte, creamy, bright hot pink! Everything I'm loving right now :) x

    ReplyDelete