Saturday 30 June 2012

The Body Shop Bath and Shower Gels


I was browsing the Body Shop sale online the other day and came across these little beauties for £2. They're part of the 'originals' that TBS bought back from the 90's, so lots of you might remember them. I just couldn't resist the sound of the fragrances, they sounded good enough to eat! From left to right we have Raspberry Ripple, Fuzzy Peach, Green Apple and Dewberry. 

This is what is on the TBS website:


A beauty classic returns. This soap-free bath and shower gel leaves skin clean and fragranced..


+ Soap-free
+ Lather-rich
+ Fruit scented
+ Bottle made from 100% recycled plastic

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Glycerin (Humectant), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Emulsifier), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Benzophenone-4 (Sunscreen agent, Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Rubus Idaeus Fruit Extract (Natural Additive), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), CI 17200 (Colour), CI 14700 (Colour), CI 42090 (Colour). 
(Ingredients differ for each scent)

The Raspberry Ripple bottle states on the label that it's suitable for all skin types, yet the others do not. But nowhere does the website say anything about skin types for any of these. I've already tried Fuzzy Peach in the bath, and can safely say it did not irritate my skin in any way. It created plenty of bubbles, and my bathroom smelled of it, but I didn't use it to wash myself, so I don't know how it performs as a shower gel as of yet. My favourite smell is Raspberry Ripple, it smells AMAZING! I'm actually a bit disappointed about the other three's smell. They're a bit chemically, and not at all sweet. They may smell better when used in the shower or bath but at the moment I can't say.



I actually found a 20% off code which included sale, making these babies £1.60 for 250ml, and when you spend £5 you get one free, meaning I have 1 litre of shower gel for £4.80, can I say b a r g a i n? I also bought a few other things which I will post about.

These seem to have sold out online (I think?) But you might still be able to get them in store. And I wonder if they're being discontinued now they're in the sale? Who knows! I will say that The Body Shop is a brand who I fall in and out of love with, but with the amount of deal and discounts they have going on everywhere right now is a good reason to love them again! Check the website out for some, including a 40% code off! How generous?!

xo.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your site and wow! Love the photos you have clicked for this post! The shower gels look lovely! Definitely following you now ^_^.

    ♥Crazy Pop Lock♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Aw thank you very much, that means a lot :) I've been using the apple and raspberry shower gels, and they're lovely, so I do recommend them if you can get your hands on them!
    Thank you sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love nearly everything body shop has :) Hey, if you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete