Saturday 16 June 2012

MAC Lipstick Dupe?

The lipstick I bought from Sleek recently reminded me of a Limited Edition lipstick I got recently... Keep reading.. (And sorry, these pictures have come out a bit blurry! Bad times :( )









Left - Party Parrot, Right - Candy Cane

Yes, that's right, Party Parrot from the Iris Apfel collection, an instant sell-out! When I got home, I realised it was less pink than it looked when I was at the Sleek stand, and I felt like it reminded me of another colour. So I got this out and had a good old swatch up, and I can report that they are pretty much identical! Sleek Candy Cane looks a TINY bit more pink when swatched, and obviously has a sheen finish, whereas MAC Party Parrot is a matte finish. But if you blot it down a bit to take off the sheen you will have a more matte finish! Yay, I love a good dupe, doesn't everyone?

xo.

7 comments:

  1. Wow- a perfect dupe!! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is! Quite pleased with myself and this find haha. Thank you! x

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love the shade of these, definitely going to get the sleek one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately not for the faint hearted! They're gorgeous, I rarely brave them haha, but I'm glad you're going to get it! :) x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colours!

    Oh and I nominated you for the Liebster award ^^
    http://hauted0ll.blogspot.com/2012/06/ulzzang-mu-tutorial-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are!

      Aw thank you, sorry for the late reply! That's super sweet of you :) x

      Delete
  4. I just picked up the Sleek lipstick and it's GORGEOUS! Thanks for this post, it inspired me to do a little Sleek shopping.

    ReplyDelete