Wednesday 8 February 2012

LOOK Beauty Double Hit Lip - Rose Riot




My first purchase from LOOK Beauty's offering. After seeing this shade on Kate's blog, I knew I had to investigate further! 

This houses a lipstick and lipgloss in one, which is perfect for travels. The lipstick is in a metal case, which snaps in. And the lipgloss in a screw plastic pot with a doe foot applicator. I think it is really attractive packaging, and I love the design and the font. Plus it's not very big, it fits in your hand perfectly, and is just the right size so it doesn't take over your make-up bag or get lost either! The shades are a corally-pink. And both are pigmented to wear together or alone. I personally hardly ever wear lipglosses, but these look great together so I more than likely will wear this one. 

The lipstick has a gold tinge to it, a bit like the finish of MACs frost lipsticks. Transfers on to the lip well, with a creamy pay-off. The lipgloss is a thick creamy gloss, a bit like a cream lipstick. It also smells like cream soda and caramel! The lipgloss on it's own is a bit similar to MACs Flamingo lipstick as it's a lustre finish. To be honest, I'm not that much of a fan of the lipstick by itself, so when I wear it I will have to combine it with the lipgloss.

I am quite impressed with my first purchase from LOOK Beauty, and also have a review of another of their products I purchased coming up soon. I would recommend taking a look at their cosmetic stand next time you're in Superdrug!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment