Friday 24 February 2012

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Addis Ababa





Another bright pink lip product for you! I got this from Adrienne's blog sale from one of my favourite blogs The Sunday Girl. She reviewed this also, but I love it so much, I had to put it on my blog! 

"Neither lipstick nor lip gloss—this is matte lip cream. A new kind of pout paint that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte 
lipstick formulas, also moisturizing. Available in 11 lip colors" - NYX Website.

This is a blue based vibrant pink, with a creamy matte finish. I'd say it's still not as vibrant as an actual lipstick, but it's still not far behind! The formula is matte, and so silky, it glides onto lips perfectly and feels so comfortable. It also isn't as drying as other matte lip creams I've tried from brands such as Collection 2000 and Bourjois. I am really in love with the colour aswell, it actually looks good on my ghost like complexion! It's going to be perfect for Summer and I can't wait! I have my eye on some other shades in the range, and at £5 I think I'm allowed ;)

You can purchase these from loads of places on the internet, including their UK website.

What do you think of the colour? Do you like lip creams or prefer lipsticks? 
x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour! I was actually going to buy one of these the other day to try, but I talked myself out of it haha. Are they long lasting? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kate

    Sorry for the late reply! I actually wore this whilst going out for an Indian meal the other night, and it didn't survive the main course! I ended up with just colour round the edges. I didn't use a base or a topcoat, but the feel on my lips and the colour makes me not mind so much!
    x

    ReplyDelete