Friday 24 February 2012

What's in my make-up bag: Daily make-up





  • MAC MSFN in Light: The best powder I have ever tried. Stays put all day long, perfect for my oily t-zone, and leaves my skin feeling smooth.
  • Topshop Highlighter in Sunbeam: Golden yellow highlighter, really accentuates cheekbones, looks lovely underneath a blusher, plus it's only £9! Really soft and pigmented, wish Topshop would bring out more shades in this!

  • MAC Eyeshadow in Grand Entrance: Lovely neutral light gold shade. Perfect to just quickly put over the lids when I'm in a rush and want some sort of colour. Otherwise I'll turn to my Naked palette.

  • Philosophys The Present primer: Leaves a lovely finish, matte, and my cheeks always feel super soft. The smell isn't very nice, and the price tag is a little much, but it's a nice luxury. I do rotate my primers, other favourites include; The PoreFessional and Smashbox Photo Finish.

  • Illamasqua cream pigment in Hollow: I've finally found the perfect colour for contouring my unbelievably pale skin! 

  • MAC Matchmaster foundation in shade 1.0: Obviously the palest shade they do. It has a lovely matte finish, and matches my skin perfectly, which is a really hard to find! You can also build up the coverage from medium.

  • MAC Paint Point in Painterly: Nude colour paint pot. So unbelievably creamy. Can be used as a base or on it's own, and I usually just use it on it's own to smooth eyes and oily lids. Makes eyeliner pop a bit more.

  • MAC Satin blush in Fleur Power: My favourite MAC blush ever. Gives me the most amazing natural flush, especially with highlighter combined. Recommend it 100%

  • E.L.F Cream eyeliner in Black: Really good eyeliner, lasts all day long, and it's only £3.50! Sometimes smudges a bit underneath my waterline, but it's not that noticeable, and I can put up with that little negative for the price tag! The perfect brush to accompany is MAC 209.

  • Benefit They're Real! Mascara: The price is a bit off-putting, but makes my lashes really thick and black, and is perfect for going out. If I feel like a lighter mascara, I'll use MAC Haute & Naughty, No7 or Chanel Inimitable.

  • Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade Fair 01: Hands down - the BEST concealer I have EVER tried! Prefer it to my MAC, Bobbi Brown and Benefit! Brightens my eyes and covers spots perfectly all day long. Can't believe I waited so long to purchase this! And seeing as it's so purse friendly at just over £4 it's a total repurchase. Holy grail - there, I said it!
My make-up bag I got in the sale at ASOS, had a thing for tartan for a while now! As you can see, I do like to incorporate a lot of MAC products into my routine, and I'm not snobby for that, but I love my make-up and I find my skin awful to work with, so I would rather spend the extra money on products that actually work for me. For instance, it's really hard to find a foundation pale enough for me that doesn't have an orange tinge or oxidise. And one that puts up with my oily t-zone, and my nose which seems to HATE foundation! So I like to spend extra money on my primers and foundations to make me feel a bit better and more confident about my face and skin. I do love to find bargains in drugstores, and seeing as I spend most of my money on cosmetics, I do have a good range of make-up from drugstores to high end make-up, and I do like to mix it up, but these are my every day products at the moment which I know I can count on them working for me. 

I haven't put the brushes I use - So I use MAC 209 for eyeliner, Sigma F80 Kabuki for foundation, Sigma F82 for powder, E.L.F Angled blush brush for blusher, MAC 165 for highlighter, MAC 217 for blending, Urban Decay Shadow for eyeshadow/paint pot and I'm using No7 eyelash curlers at the moment. I haven't added any lip products, because I will always use a different colour every day. I always have my carmex and vaseline to hand, or my MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner. Some of my favourite lip products to use during the day are; MAC Lovelorn, Hue, Creme Cup, Please Me, LOOK Double Hit Lip in Rose Riot and Topshop Innocence. I also use MAC Fix+ every day to try and 'secure my face in place' all day! 

What are your daily staples? Do you think there's anything different I would like that you could recommend?
x

1 comment: