Wednesday 8 February 2012

Soap & Glory - Thick & Fast Mascara



This is the free mascara available with this months ELLE magazine. It is worth £10 if you were to buy it on it's own, so it was obviously too good an offer to pass up!

It comes in a thick black tube, with pink font on the side, and the logo on the cap. It also claims to give you super volume. When I took the wand out of the tube, straight away I was thinking how big the applicator was! I thought it would be a bit awkward to do my bottom lashes, but I found it to be okay. On application, I found it needed a few coats, and it made my lashes very black, and thicker, but my curl didn't really hold. I didn't think this was life-changing, and I probably won't be giving up my current mascaras, but it was quite good, considering I did only pay the magazine price. One grumble was that whilst I was out shopping, when I went to the toilet and checked myself in the mirror, I saw flakes of mascara all down my cheeks! This is a total pet hate, I find it looks really cheap and that I can't do my own make-up properly! This happened again when I walked into Topshop and caught a glimpse in the mirror. I shouldn't feel self-concious and have to worry about what my make-up is doing. So I probably won't be wearing this out again in public.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment