Thursday 2 February 2012

MAC Shop MAC, Cook MAC Collection

MAC Shop MAC, Cook Mac (Shop Shop Shop, Cook Cook Cook)

"Try and Buy a delicious, delovely, delectable, divine, degorgeous, de-with-it, degroovy assortment of Eye Shadow x 4 in wearable brights perfect for Spring. Treat yourself to Lipstick in heavenly hues, mouthwateringly Kissable Lipcolour and Cremeblend Blush. This Spring, shop ‘til you drop with a tongue-in-cheek collection that elevates the everyday into the extraordinary. Whether it’s detergent or diamonds, produce or Prada, everyone loves to shop, shop, shop!"

Available in UK from March.

I've been reading about this collection online for a good few weeks now, but only now has Temptalia posted the official collection pictures, and there are full descriptions available. I love the look of this collection, and I'm particularly excited for the lipsticks, so I'm posting the pictures and the descriptions are available on Temptalia, as I think it's still not on everyones radar yet. 



"Ladle on an extra helping of foodie fun with an appetizing assortment of temptingly tasty Tendertones, nearly black Fluidlines, Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder, Opulash Mascara, two Brushes and nosh-worthy Nail Lacquers in fun, bright shades sure to satiate even the most discriminating gorgeous gourmands. Cook M∙A∙C has spring’s no-carb, no-calorie recipe for kooky, kitschy, kitchen kouture insavoury shades for Eyes, Lips and Nails."


Lipstick (Limited Edition)

Innocence, Beware! Light yellow pink (Cremesheen) (Repromote)
Watch Me Simmer Bright pink orange (Amplified)
Naughty Saute Bright pepto pink (Cremesheen)
Quick Sizzle Bright pink (Matte)
Dish It Up Berry pink (Lustre)
Runaway Red Rich red blue (Satin) (Repromote)


(I'm posting the lipstick descriptions as these are what I have my eye on!)




















I like the look of this collection, the packaging and the bright colours, it's a great way to welcome Spring. But to be honest, the more I look at the pictures, the less interested I actually am in this collection. The packaging is bright blue, yellow and pink, yet all the items don't seem to compliment each other. You have lipsticks and kissable lipcolours that are all pretty much pinks, opposite red and turquoise nail polish and bright paint pots. I would never wear them together. The eye palettes are somewhere in the middle also. I just find this combination really weird, and I think it will be a case of people buying select items from the range and not looking to get a complete look. Although the cremeblend blushes look quite nice too, but once again they're different to the other products. Does anybody else feel this or is it just me being crazy?! 

It's a shame only the outside packaging has this design, as I think it would be really good on the actual cosmetic casing. But you can't win them all! I think the promotion pictures have a bit of a 50's housewife feel to them, but with an obvious modern twist, but I love it. Especially the 'pink' look on the model with pink dress, it looks great on her skin tone.

This range comes out next week in the USA, so there will be swatches available soon, so I'm looking forward to seeing them! There are a few more collections coming out over the next few months of course, and I know Beth Ditto has just been confirmed for one which could be quite interesting. I still need to get my hands on some of the Naturally collection that has just been released.

Do you like the looks of this collection? Interested in anything?
x

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great little blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you so much :) Just getting started, so hopefully I can do a lot more and make it a lot better! But thank you, that's lovely x

    ReplyDelete