Thursday 9 February 2012

Nicki Minaj for OPI



Probably the most sought after nail polishes at the moment. For ages I couldn't decide if I liked them enough to purchase. I knew I wanted the turquoise one and the pink one (not like I need another!) Anyway, as I kept putting it off, I finally saw it pop up on Buyapowa for £8 and thought it was too good to pass up! 

Moving on.. Nicki Minaj's collection consists of 6 polishes, 2 of which aren't in the Minis pack. A glitter polish called 'Save Me' which has bar glitter in (so 90s!) and 'Super Bass Shatter' which is a shimmery dark purple, which does look really good over the colours, but I never wear shatter polishes as it is. 

The colours that come in the pack are very vibrant and catapult us straight into that summer feeling. I've already sported 2 of the 4 polishes on my nails and love them.


The colours from L-R are; 'Did it on 'em', 'Fly', 'Pink friday' and 'Metallic 4 Life'.

I have to say, 'Did it on 'em' isn't really to my liking, it reminds me of OPIs 'Who the Shrek are you?' which came out with the Shrek collection. Don't get me wrong it is a nice colour, but on my oh so pale skin it just makes my hands look so washed out and awful. On medium to dark skin tones this will look so good! But for me, it's a no no.

'Fly' is a beautiful turquoise/teal which leans more blue. I find that after 2 coats I still have visible nail line, but it's not really obvious. It is a gorgeous colour though, and I think it's a favourite amongst most.

'Pink friday' is obviously appealing to all girly girls across the globe! I'm a sucker for anything pink, it could literally be a pink toilet brush and I will want it! Sad I know... It's a thick creme polish and applies well, opaque after one coat, but perfect after two! I've already worn this and I love it. It's more of a warm pink than cool, and will suit most skin tones.

Finally is 'Metallic 4 life', another one I have already worn, and it looks great on nails. It's a sort of jelly finish, and on the nails translates as a grey/charcoal colour. You build up the colour to how you want it. Obviously I wanted it to be more black, so 2-3 coats is what you need, depending on how thick you paint it. Has different sized silver glitter in. Another polish that will look great on all skin tones.


All the swatches are 2 coats each. And you can see how they all finish off. Look for the VNL on 'Fly' and a bit streaky on 'Did it on 'em'!

What do you think of this collection? Have you got it? Or do you want to purchase it? Buyapowa keep listing these on their site, but be quick - they keep selling out!
x

4 comments:

  1. The colours are actually really nice! your blog is great. hope you'll follow back?
    xoxo
    http://lucylocketinyourpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pink Friday. New follower :)

    X
    poochytails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours are amazing! So pretty :)

    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog as well. I love your blog and I'm now following you too :) x

    ReplyDelete